Invictus Capital: Weekly Wrap 08.04
The weekly wrap can be delivered to your inbox at the end of each week by subscribing to the Invictus Capital newsletter at the bottom of the homepage
Markets had a tough week overall, with bonds, equities, and crypto all selling off following the release of the Fed’s minutes for their March meeting Wednesday — which were mostly interpreted as a further hawkish shift — though in reality there were no real bombshells. The minutes revealed a plan to trim several trillion dollars from the central bank’s balance sheet, with the goal of reducing it by $95bn a month starting in May. Alongside this, there is a clear intention to continue hiking rates, with many of the board calling for more aggressive 50bps hikes, and the revelation that without Russia’s invasion of Ukraine we’d have already seen this in March.
Global bond yields rose across the board, with real yields similarly shooting up. The dollar gained significantly in the wake of Wednesday, with capital flows attracted by the now-higher rates on offer. The euro suffered; the European Central Bank is judged by the market to be further behind the curve on combating inflation — especially considering European politicians are embracing an energy price shock for the ages in their attempts to starve the Russian economy. This bodes well for European investor’s returns invested in the newly-renamed Invictus Stable Growth (ISG) fund.
Over the week, Bitcoin initially struggled to break through strong resistance at $48,000 with a sharp slide alongside traditional markets from Wednesday. Bitcoin dropped to as low as $42,600, with the majority of alt coins having large sell-offs. C20’s NEAR (a next generation blockchain with extremely promising tech) was a clear outlier, rallying from around $15 to $20 over the latter half of the week. BTC has stabilised around the $43,000 mark but will need to show strength above $45,000 if we want to see the upside target of $51,000 being met and to avoid a further sell off.
The Terra blockchain continues to grab headlines following the Luna Foundation Guard (LFG) announcement last month that they would purchase up to $10bn in BTC for their UST reserves, starting with $3bn initially. They had another busy week this week, purchasing an additional 5,040 BTC, boosting their stash to a total of 35,678 BTC backing the UST reserve. They were not done there and have announced a partnership with Avalanche where LFG and Terraform Labs (TFL) purchased an additional $200m of Avalanche (AVAX) with UST and Luna. This will be an additional asset backing the UST reserve and the partnership will aim to strengthen the use case for UST and the Terra ecosystem as a whole.
Indicators (01 April— 08 April)
- Invictus Stable Growth (ISG): $1.33, +0.29% (weekly compound annualized rate)
- Crypto10 Hedged (C10): $7.04, -1.82%
- Crypto20 (C20): $3.69, -2.30%
- Invictus Bitcoin Alpha (IBA): $2.31, -2.30%
- Invictus Hyperion Fund (IHF): $0.502 (Updated Q4–21)
- Invictus Capital Token (ICAP): $6.57, +7.60%
- BTC: $43,482.65, -7.67%
- ETH: $3,227.05, -5.01%
- GOLD: $1,928.28, +0.35%
- S&P500: 4,481.15, -2.64%
Invictus Polygon Token Migration
Being at the forefront of innovation since our inception in 2017, the Invictus Capital team launched the world’s first tokenized crypto index fund, Crypto20. Now with a five-year track-record as a pioneer — and trusted player in the digital asset industry — we are very proud to have become the world’s first administer and regulated and tokenized mutual fund, with daily liquidity.
Find out about upcoming Regulatory updates, the Polygon token swap, new wallet features, and claiming your regulated Polygon tokens.
- Roadmap Article
- Polygon Token Claim Process
- Regulation And Polygon YouTube Series 1/3 [Regulation & Polygon]
- Regulation And Polygon YouTube Series 2/3 [Verifying your identity]
- Regulation And Polygon YouTube Series 3/3 [Claim your Polygon tokens]
- Tax Compliance Signing Process YouTube
- Add Invictus Fund Tokens to MetaMask YouTube
- Add Polygon Network to MetaMask YouTube
- Polygon FAQ
- Official Migration Article
- Changes to the Invictus Capital Funds
- Regulated Fund Structure Benefits and Updated Tax Requirement
- The team has made a decision to extend the date for the ICAP & IHF Polygon migration from 20 April to 01 June 2022. This decision has been made in light of some of the technical issues experienced after the Token Claim and for us to be confident in providing an enhanced claiming experience for ICAP and IHF. All investors with active stakes will still accrue ICAP during this period.
- In order to claim your C20, C10, ISG and IBA Polygon tokens, a verified account is needed. We estimate that you will be able to claim tokens for up to 6 months at the moment. Stay tuned for any updates.
Invictus NFT Lab Updates
- The P-NFT collection is now live on OpenSea. https://opensea.io/collection/out-of-africa-poster-nfts
- Auctions for historic physical artwork collection begin April 2022
- Lottery entrants have had their NFTs minted to them as a thanks for their early support. The public mint will be live soon
- In the Press: ‘Out of Africa’ — Africa’s biggest NFT collection goes live on OpenSea
Subscribe to the newsletter on the homepage for updates.
NFT Lab Out of Africa Launch Video
Own, trade & take delivery of Physical Art through the blockchain. 43 contemporary Southern African artists are contributing to the professionally-curated Out of Africa collection. The curated collection covers paintings, sculpture, photographs and more.
Invictus Margin Lending Fund Rebranded to Invictus Stable Growth Fund
The Invictus Margin Lending (IML) Fund has been rebranded to the Invictus Stable Growth (ISG) Fund.
This change is a reflection of the evolution that the fund has undergone since its inception and its aim to provide a better description of the fund’s current strategy and return profile.
Schedule a call with the Invictus Sales Team
Schedule a call with Tom or Ivor from our Fund Sales team if you have any questions or need assistance with your Invictus investment(s).
Alternatively you can call us on +1 (345) 769–7491 between 7:00–16:00 GMT.
Other News & Links
- Invictus in the Press/News
1. Invictus Capital spearheads the world’s first regulated, tokenized mutual fund
2. We are extremely proud to announce that Invictus Capital will be a Platinum Sponsor at the AIM Summit London Edition this year!
- Syntropy News
1. Roadmap | Web3 and blockchain adoption is gaining momentum quickly. Over the next 18–24 months, Syntropy team will build a network infrastructure suitable for the environment operating at scale
2. Coverage: FTSE 100 Company, Entain, Deploys Syntropy to Improve Global Network Performance
Interested in Invictus Capital? Investing is possible after signing up and completing account verification
You can also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime