Invictus Capital: Weekly Wrap 19.02
The weekly wrap can be delivered to your inbox at the end of each week by subscribing to the Invictus Capital newsletter at the bottom of the homepage
The long march upwards for global equities continued this week as COVID numbers continue to improve around the world. However, the rally seems to be slowing down, with concern surrounding mutated strains, damage wrought by a historic cold snap in Texas (that helped oil prices), and signs that the $1.9 trillion US stimulus deal is unlikely to pass in its current form all weighing on markets.
However, markets still expect a large stimulus deal to pass relatively soon, with Treasury chief Janet Yellen saying it would be a mistake to withdraw fiscal support too soon; this has seen long-dated bond yields continue to climb rapidly, with a slight strengthening of the dollar seen this week as higher yields attract capital to the US. Gold, however, was not spared the effects of rising real yields (inflation expectations also fell), with the yellow metal dipping below $1800/toz once again.
Bitcoin broke through $50k while MicroStrategy cemented their offering of convertible notes, upping the ante from $600 million to $1.05 billion — from which the proceeds will be used to buy even more BTC. Blackrock, the world’s largest asset manager, is “dabbling” in Bitcoin and Deutsche Bank plans to offer crypto custody. Binance’s BNB saw parabolic growth landing it in 3rd place in terms of market cap.
Indicators (12 February — 19 February)
- Invictus Margin Lending (IML): $1.18, +28.45% (weekly compound annualized rate)
- Invictus Gold Plus (IGP): $1.09, -2.53%
- Emerging Markets Solar (EMS): $1.22, +0.54%
- Crypto10 Hedged (C10): $4.91, +10.26%
- Crypto20 (C20): $2.88, +15.83%
- Invictus Bitcoin Alpha (IBA): $2.52, +8.47%
- Invictus Hyperion Fund (IHF): $0.238 (Updated Q4–20)
- BTC: $51,632.79, +7.70%
- ETH: $1,936.91 +8.60%
- GOLD: $1,775.70 -2.78%
- S&P500: 3,913.97, -0.06%
Other News & Links
- Invictus in the Press / News
1. How smart money is being invested (also published here in Blockchain News and here on CryptoSlate)
2. Krypto-Indexfonds: Invictus Capital bietet leichte Diversifizierung im Krypto-Portfolio
3. Invictus is currently running a promotion for new investors. Sign up, verify your email and complete verification and you will stand a chance to win $1000 USD paid in equivalent Invictus tokens. Read more here!
4. Invictus Capital’s assets under management reached over $100M USD this week! Follow us on Twitter for updates too!
- Deutsche Bank Quietly Plans to Offer Crypto Custody, Prime Brokerage
- MicroStrategy Announces Pricing of Offering of Convertible Senior Notes
- Syntropy News
1. Roadmap Update 02.04–02.18
2. Syntropy Launches Polkadot Integration
3. Syntropy Developers
Create an IoT network using the Syntropy Stack (Part 4): Using Docker, Mosquitto, NodeJS and Syntropy NAC
Interested in Invictus Capital? Investing is possible after signing up and completing account verification.
You can also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime